Uusi Oppimaisema workshops utilize several proven work methods to achieve lasting, high quality design results.
1. Maturity modelling of your school. The school’s maturity is estimated in five dimensions. The results will highlight areas of improvement and relate the school to other schools.
2. Future vision of your school. Trend analysis and a future barometer will take our thoughts to the future, away from everyday obstacles.
3. Writing learning stories. Suitable visions are written out as learning stories or educational scenarios, that depict desirable learning situations.
4. Concretization of learning stories. The stories are brought from visions to practicality through participatory design. We use the Edukata™ model to identify challenges and design solutions to them. New, innovative learning activities are discovered and suitable technology and resources are located to support them. The outcomes are written out as learning activities.
5. Realization of learning stories with your own class. The actual classroom activities are beyond this workshop, but we will go through the ways to utilize learning stories and learning activities in course planning, observing what happens, reflection and assessment.
The Edukata method is described in this 5 minute video. If you’re in a hurry, take a look at the 1 minute short overview.